ONE YEAR COURSE - INTERIOR DESIGN
WE HAVE 10 COMPREHENSIVE MODULES IN THIS COURSE. IT TAKES ONE YEAR OF TIME TO COMPLETE IT.
THE VISUAL LANGUAGE OF DESIGN
The first module is an introduction to the creative and exciting world of Interior Design.
You will be introduced to the elements and principles of design that are used to create harmonious and balanced interiors.
• Learn how to observe, evaluate and form opinions of different design styles by analysing interior spaces.
• Develop your ‘designer’s eye’ and understand how to apply the knowledge and create inspirational designs for home and work environments.
THE HISTORY OF INTERIOR DESIGN
This comprehensive module takes you on a fascinating journey, beginning with the origins of decorative finishes seen in cave paintings and ancient dwellings and leads you through the history of design and architecture to the present day.
In this module, you will learn how to make strategic and conceptual decisions for your design projects based on the desired function, style and mood of the space.
Explore some of the most common interior decorating styles, including traditional, country, eclectic and contemporary.
Now you will discover how to apply the design elements to your spatial planning and design concepts, considering different furniture layouts to suit the intended function of the space.
• Learn how to draw a floor plan, then rearrange an existing space and plan a new layout for a renovation project.
• Study the different architectural elements that will be included in your floor plan such as doors, windows, fireplaces and lighting fixtures.
• Become familiar with the functionality of different rooms and understand the role that furniture plays in the design process.
This module will enable you to discover the sources and properties of light, types of lighting, and how the orientation of a space affects natural lighting.
• Learn how light affects the selection of colours on different surfaces, finishes and fabrics.
• Understand how to communicate your ideas clearly to electricians, builders and suppliers by specifying the correct products suitable for the intended purpose.
• Learn the various types of light bulbs available to interior designers and how to select the right one for a client’s room.
• Turn your creative vision into reality by using natural and artificial lighting to create a stunning effect in your interior projects.
This module will introduce you to the power and psychology of colour and how it can be used as a pivotal design tool in your projects.
• Learn about the properties of colour and understand how it can change the mood of a space, alter perceptions and create the intended style. Discover the effect of natural and artificial light on colour and surface textures.
• Use the colour wheel as inspiration and guidance to develop harmonious schemes and gain the confidence to use it effectively. Discover that there are no bad colours, only bad combinations.
• Experience the power of using colour in all aspects of your design projects to trigger different responses; vibrant and uplifting or muted or restful.
• Familiarise yourself with paint systems, products and specification.
• Put together multiple colour schemes to accompany the renovation project from Module 4.
You will learn how to apply the concepts of three-dimensional design to the reality of a finished space.
• Discover the importance of ensuring quality finishes on the floor, walls and ceiling to create a striking and functional backdrop for furnishings and window treatments.
• Gain the product knowledge required to select and specify cost-effective finishes suitable for the intended end use to create a professional and enduring interior space.
• Find out how to plan and project-manage the sequence of floor, wall and ceiling finishes required at different stages of a project.
• Create finish schedules for each room from the renovation project that began at Module 4.
The pinnacle of great design is working with beautiful objects, furniture and art. With reference to Module 2 and the history of Interior Design, you will learn how furniture styles have been developed over the years for specific uses and applications.
• Apply your knowledge of design elements to the reality of placing beautiful objects into perfectly planned and well thought out spaces.
• Experience the sense of achievement when your space planning and elevations come to life.
• Showcase your creative potential with co-ordinated, harmonious interiors.
This informative module introduces you to the history, beauty and luxury of decorative textiles and fabrics.
You will be shown how to appreciate the importance of including items with luxurious and aesthetic appeal as essential components in your design, regardless of the available budget.
• Discover the endless possibilities for using fabrics with style and flair to create eye-catching interior spaces. Gain confidence to apply the elements of design and transform spaces by using textiles, fabrics and other decorative accessories.
• Learn about the technical properties of fabrics and their suitability for different end uses. Understand the functional and aesthetic properties required for bed linen, rugs and decorative textiles.
WORKING WITH CLIENTS
This module teaches you the work practices of professional designers. You will be shown the vital procedures and thought processes that bring a design to completion in the real world.
• Learn how to support your creative knowledge with the practical application that ensures success from the start of a project through to completion.
• Ensure that your proposals and management skills will bring work in on schedule and budget for any design project, whether for yourself or for a client.
• Gain confidence to work professionally in the design industry.
PROJECTS & SURVEYS
Apart from the modules students have to complete the following projects.
LOBBY AND DRAWING ROOM PROJECT
Along with the projects students will also complete the following surveys
CONSTRUCTION MATERIAL SURVEY
BATHROOM MATERIAL SURVEY
KITCHEN MATERIAL SURVEY
HARDWARE MATERIAL SURVEY
LIGHTING MATERIAL SURVEY
TEXTILES AND FINISHES SURVEY
DECORATIVE MATERIAL SURVEY
IMPORTANT GUEST LECTURES
Students will time to time attend the guest lectures from the concerned professionals of the industry. Students will come to know about the local terms used in the industry, about the tools used in various work. Students will attend the following lectures
GUEST LECTURE BY REPUTED ARCHITECT
GUEST LECTURE OF PROFESSIONAL STONE CONTRACTOR
GUEST LECTURE OF PROFESSIONAL WOOD CONTRACTOR
GUEST LECTURE OF A PROFESSIONAL ELECTRICIAN
GUEST LECTURE OF PROFESSIONAL PLUMBER
GUEST LECTURE OF PROFESSIONAL PAINT CONTRACTOR